· Legion has closed the construction bond as of today's (12/19/19) date.
· Legion now owns the land where the school will be located at 3090 Long Meadow Rd in Rock Hill.
· Legion has all building and site permits from the State and York County it needs to start construction of its permanent facility.
· We have hired Hubrich Contracting to be our General Contractor. All subcontracting work was bid out and all trades are lined up to start construction.
· The public will start to see initial signs of construction in early-January, clearing of trees to make way for the school and parking areas occurring throughout January.
· Legion's facility is going to be a one-story, 47,000 square foot high school. Included in that is a 1,500 seat gym for home basketball and volleyball games. This gym will be able to host high school league playoff games.
· Unlike new traditional public schools such as Catawba Ridge in Fort Mill, the construction schedule for Legion is much shorter.
· Weather-permitting, Legion will be built in approximately 9-10 months. We expect to be in the new facility in the fall of 2020.
Legion Collegiate Academy Special Board Meeting December 11, 2019
8:30 am LCA Campus, 505 University Drive, Rock Hill, SC
• Call to order
• Public notice
• Public comments
• Mission: Legion Collegiate Academy (LCA) will serve high school students in a safe, small, family centered environment who seek the opportunity and challenge of a rigorous curriculum, high academic standards, elite athletics while earning up to two years of college credit while in high school.
• Adoption of agenda (Action Item)
• Executive Session - Legal/Contracts
• Resolution (Action Item)
The oﬃcial meeting of the board is by law a public meeting and the board values citizen input; however, to protect the integrity of the agenda, public dialogue will be restricted to the “Public Comments” section of the agenda or as directed by the board chair.
• Each speaker has two minutes.
• Speakers may not ask questions of board members.
• Board members may not engage speakers in discussion.
• Disruptive behavior is not permitted.
• Personal attacks aimed at students or staﬀ are not permitted.
• Scurrilous, obscene, or recklessly defamatory language aimed at any board member is not permitted.